Get Your Garden Sale Ready
Our colleagues at The Guild of Property Professionals have put together this handy video containing ideas and tips to help get your garden sale ready this summer.
1. Decluttering the garden can add value. Always start with tidying and give your lawn a fresh mow and tidy up any weather damage before a viewing.
2. Add some seasonal colour, like plant pots filled with flowers. This will add perceived value.
3. Start in the front garden, because this is where your potential buyer will start. The first impression counts.
4. Add a key selling point, like a summer house, play park or a jacuzzi if you want to turn your garden into a fantastic reason to buy the house. This requires major investment, but it could secure your sale.
5. If you’re looking to spend less, don’t underestimate the impact of a coat of paint on fences and sheds.
6. Style your garden with furniture. You wouldn’t show a room to a potential buyer without any furniture in it, so why show a garden without a table and chairs on the decking or patio?
7. If your home is overlooked, it’s a good idea to give the idea of privacy to the garden. If it isn’t too expensive, add hedges or trees in key spots.