Seven UK regions see rents rise on annual basis
Our friends at LSL Property Services produce a series of monthly reports on the latest Buy To Let Index Report for England and Wales. The following is a brief summary of the report together with a link to a fuller version which includes a more detailed analysis
- Average rent across England and Wales is £814
- Calling of snap election has no noticeable effect on prices
- Yields remain stable at 4.4%
- London rents nudge upwards but are still 5% lower than in May 2016
- London boroughs which share Zone 3 and 4 see lowest rents
The build up to a general election and the political uncertainty that brings have had no appreciable impact on the rental market, the Your Move England & Wales Buy to Let Index found.
Seven of the 10 regions covered by this survey saw rents rise between the election announcement in April and May. Rents in London also grew month-on-month, the first time this has happened in six months.
Click here to see a full copy of the report