Moving home is a big decision that requires careful consideration and sometimes a bit of soul-searching.
So, how do you know when the time is right to up sticks and start somewhere new? Here are five signs that you’re ready to move.
- Your home doesn’t meet your needs – Perhaps you have a growing brood and not enough space. Or maybe mobility issues mean you struggle to use the stairs in your home. Over time, our needs change, meaning that a home that was once ideal may now be too big, too small or partially inaccessible.
- The grass seems greener elsewhere – If you spend most of your time wishing you were somewhere else – closer to family, the great outdoors, or your place of work – then maybe it’s time for a change of scene.
- You’ve been bitten by the DIY bug – Buying a doer-upper and putting your own stamp on it can be personally and financially rewarding. If you enjoy DIY or have a passion for interiors, you may be itching to take on a project of your own.
- Money worries – Rising heating and maintenance costs may be causing you real financial distress. Downsizing will relieve this anxiety and allow you to spend cash on other things.
- Your life needs futureproofing – Many people move in anticipation of lifestyle changes that are on the horizon. This could mean relocating to be near good schools (if you have children) or closer to friends and family (if you’re contemplating retirement). Moving sooner rather than later means you can plan carefully and avoid rushed decisions.
If you plan to move in 2023, contact us to learn about our successful selling track record.