If you are looking to sell your home, you need support from an estate agent. Not all agents are the same, and of course, the agent which is ideal for someone else, may not be the best agent for you.
Before you research prospective agents ( looking for customer reviews on Google and on www.allagents.co.uk is a great start ) think about what you need from an agent. How often do you want to communicate with an agent, exactly how do you want to be communicated with and what services do you need. When you know the service you require from an agent, it becomes easier to evaluate prospective agents on their suitability for you.
“We know vendors have a range of options when it comes to choosing an estate agent,” said Thomas Morris Huntingdon Branch Manager Alastair Smith. “We believe our experience in the Huntingdon market, our passion for helping you sell on your terms, and our desire to help you achieve the best outcome makes us a natural choice for local vendors.”
For you to feel confident about your choice of an estate agent, you should meet with local professionals, and see which agent meets your approval. Here are questions to ask your estate agent:
- Have you sold similar properties in the local area?
- What value would you place on my home and how did you arrive at that value?
- Would you recommend any improvements I can make to increase the value of my property?
- What are your opening hours, and how will you communicate with me?
- Will you conduct viewings? If so, when will you conduct viewings?
- Where will my house be promoted?
- What can I do to best stage my home?
- Have you won any industry awards?
- Can you recommend professionals such as solicitors, conveyancers and removal firms?
- Can I review our contract in advance?
- Can I see any independent reviews from previous customers?
These are essential questions, and the answers you receive help you make an informed decision about which agent is best for your needs. It is helpful to know where and how your property will be promoted. Also, you should know what experience the agent has of selling homes similar to yours.
Ask questions which help you to differentiate between estate agents
You also need to know which services you receive for the fee because not all agents are the same. An agent who charges a very low fee, but who fails to provide critical services, doesn’t offer value for money. Before you commit to an agent, make sure they offer you every service you require, and at a price you can afford.
Selling your home is stressful, but with the right support, you can make the process easier. Book a valuation at a time that is suitable to you or; you can phone our Huntingdon branch, managed by Alastair Smith by calling us on 01480 414555.